Friday, April 26, 2013

Multicultural Moms

Mother's Day is just around the corner and I've been working on drawing multicultural families.
This is a fine line for me as I am fully aware that each ethnicity or cultural group has a huge range of diversity! Latino/Hispanic alone has so many variations... and yet, you want your children to feel welcome and recognized in the classroom and not just put up art that does not acknowledge diversity. What a dilemma! And so I've started to develop a multicultural graphic pack in the hopes that the art addresses these needs without putting people into boxes. Here's what I've got so far:


In truth both of those faces could be a young, professional latina mom. I know. Let me know what you think. Should we be adding multicultural faces to the art in our classrooms? What's the best way to do this?


No comments:

Post a Comment